Thursday, July 16, 2015

Natalie's Camp Story

My name is Natalie and I have been coming to Camp Horizons since I was 12 years old and I am now 25, almost 26.

I started the Apprentice Program in 2011. It is a fun program where we do certain jobs like coffee service where we make the coffee and then deliver it to tables. We also help out with program activities. One of our jobs is pool assistant, where we check the filters in the pool. For coffee service we make the coffee and then we go around to each table and ask people if they want any.

My favorite activities at camp are pioneering, music and horses. My favorite evening activity was karaoke night when I sang "That don’t impress me much" by Shania Twain. When I am not at camp I go to a day program called Marc in Cromwell, Connecticut. I work at ShopRite in Manchester and East Hartford. I clean the glass doors and the aisles. I also work at a job site called Meals on Wheels delivering food to customers houses. I have a older brother named Jason and a younger brother named Geoff. Jason is 38 and Geoff is 22. I just turned 26 on 7/7/2015. My favorite TV shows are Lassie, Full House, and Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. My favorite singers are Selena Gomez, Shania Twain and Hilary Duff. I just got a new cat named Sox and she is black and white.

by Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment