Friday, July 17, 2015

Chug-A-Lug by Emma


My two weeks as an apprentice is over.  I am going to miss all of the exciting things that I get to do at camp.  There is such a variety of jobs and activities to attend that I never get bored and I can’t wait to come back next year.  Being an apprentice is about being independent of going to our jobs on time. Also walking to programs all by ourselves. We get to use our cell phones to communicate with our job coaches.  My favorite part of being an apprentice is getting to work at camp horizons.  I love being an assistant to the program counselors and I love being able to walk around camp and do jobs that keep camp running.




Last night I won the chug-a-lug award.  I drink a lot of water all day during activities and jobs to stay hydrated.  My job coaches told our unit leader how awesome I have been doing and how I have been a great role model drinking water and I won the award.  Everyone was screaming my name in the dining hall and I got to chug an entire glass of water in front of the whole entire camp!
Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment