Thursday, July 16, 2015

Ben's Exciting Experience

I am an Apprentice at Camp Horizons and I really like all my jobs. For water delivery, I scoop out ice into the bucket and  put water into it. Then, I bring it to the activities that need water for the day. We also get to feed the donkies. We give them grain, hay, and fill up their water. I am also a Pool Assistant sometimes during the week. I skim the pool to make sure that there is no dirt or bugs in it for when campers come to swim. I am very responsible and always make sure my work gets done.


My favorite activity is Health and Fitness. We go on the the bikes and work out. This week I even won the Health and Fitness award!! One of my other favorite jobs is Off-the-Grid. We sand buckets and work on bird houses, which is a lot of fun. We also have night-in’s where we hang out  and eat dinner somewhere else than the dining hall. On our nights out, we get to go do something fun like bowling last week. Evening activities are fun, too. Last night was the dance, and everyone got dressed up and I danced around with my Job Coaches. It was really fun!

I can’t wait to come back next year!


by Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment