Thursday, July 2, 2015

My two weeks as an apprentice. By Julie


I like my Job Coachs Lauren, Jesse, Andy, and Emily.  They taught me different things this week like how to make a fence for a garden as well as hoe to tend to a garden.  We are responsible for watering a majority of the plants and flowers at camp horizons.  I like this responsibility because it is something that I learn here at camp but I can also do these jobs at home with my family.  


I like working in the Trading post which is our own little shop at camp.  I like working there because it's nice to see how they price their items on the Computer.  I get to work behind the counter with staff and help campers buy their items.   I like being an apperentice because I can work by myself or with a few other apprentices without counselors around.  It makes me feel responsible and I get a sense of independence here that I don't always get at other places.  


My days at camp are very exciting and full of different jobs and activities.  Yesterday I did yoga, played family feud, rode a bicycle, chase the chckens and feed the donkies.  I also created a memory book to take home. I also made a banner, and wrote a thank you letter to all the counselors.  I had fun in horses yesterday we did some riding and throwing horse shoes, and I also did Camp Crafts Assistant.   Tomorrow I will be doing mail sorting and also doing Arts and Crafts Assistant and meeting new friends like I do every day at camp.

-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment