Thursday, July 2, 2015

A well deserved day off. By Justin

I’ve been working so hard for two whole weeks and we finally got our day off!  We went to the mystic aquarium and saw the seals and sea lions.  I have been to the aquarium before but this time I was with all my friends from the apprentice program and it was the best experience ever.  We saw different kinds of sharks, I liked them so much that I bought a shirt from the gift shop that have sharks all over it.  I will not forget this trip for a long time.  I also bought a necklace with a shark tooth on it!  Maybe someday I will work at the Aquarium with the sharks but for now I will be happy just working at the pool at camp.  I was so excited about this trip that I got inspired that I wrote a poem about a shark named Bolo.  


I'm going to tell a story about a shark


Bolo the shark lived under the
water in the ocean.
All the other fish were afraid of him
and his big sharp teeth!
What the other fish didn’t know was that
Bolo was a vegetarian.  
The only thing Bolo wanted was friends.
Every time he swam to the other fish
They would run away in fear of being eaten.
One day a big big sea lion swam over to Bolo
The sea lions name was Coco and he became friends
with Bolo.  
Coco and Bolo bonded over their mutual love of
vegetables and wanted to let the fish know not to be scared
of their big sharp teeth.
One day Coco and Bolo brought the fish a peace
offering, telling them that they could protect them
as long as they all became friends.  
From that day on Coco and Bolo became the protectors
of the Arctic and had lots and lots of friends!


-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment